Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dungeons and Torture!

     Today was incredibly fun (yes, despite the morbid title. If you've read my post about Witches and the Ducking Stool, you'd understand my twisted thinking.)! One of the things that I have always been interested in when hearing about Scotland from my sister was the dungeons. Today, I actually got to see them! My sister is going to ring my throat when I come back and tell her what I've seen.
     The Edinburgh Dungeons offered many attractions, including 11 actor-led shows (which gave me a nostalgic feeling of my days at Gory Park during Fright Night), and 2 amusement park-styled rides! And it only cost me 13.50 GBP! (http://www.the-dungeons.co.uk/edinburgh/en/tickets-prices/tickets-and-prices.htm) My favorites, I have to say, were the Torture Chambers, where I got to see and learn about the instruments of torture for prisoners and traitors during that period (my sister will literally kill me for seeing that without her!), and the Drop to Doom Ride (yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. It was similar to Kennywood's Pitt-Fall, but less secure. I was ecstatic to learn that I was tall enough to ride! -_-). I also enjoyed the Cave of Cannibals! They took us on a boat ride through a cave during 'meal-time,' and the actors chased our boat! It was all very well done, and very realistic, from the make-up to the atmosphere! (http://www.the-dungeons.co.uk/edinburgh/en/attractions/extremis-drop-ride.htm)
Extremis: Drop Ride to Doom


     I'm furious, however, to learn that they have the same amusement park in London, with attractions based on that city! They even have an attraction based on Jack the Ripper and the Great Fire of London! I'm so ANGRY! WHY DIDN'T I GO TO THAT?!! -crying-
     I've never had more fun at an amusement park in my life! I'm sad that I won't be coming back. Before I die, I hope to take my sister to Edinburgh and show her all the joy that I've found here! I can't seem to stop thinking about her, being in the place that she wants to go to most. I'm sure that if she ever went to London, England, or Tokyo, Japan, she'd be thinking of me, too! At least I took plenty of pictures for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment