Sunday, May 1, 2011

St. Giles Cathedral

     Today I did the one thing that I set out to do upon coming to Edinburgh: I bought my sister a souvenir!
My sister's new sweatshirt!
     She was in desperate need of a new jacket, anyway! I knew that she'd wear this everyday! She'll be ecstatic to tell everyone that it actually came from Scotland!
     I got it at the Shop inside of St. Giles Cathedral. The Admission to the Cathedral was actually free (http://www.stgilescathedral.org.uk/visiting/). They asked if I would like to donate 3 GBP to the church, however, so I did. I feel that it was only fair, seeing as they let people in for free and don't require the donation. I felt that it would be rude not to give them something for my admission, especially when I found my sister's gift in their shop (http://www.stgilescathedral.org.uk/visiting/shop/contactshop.html)!
     The Cathedral itself was beautiful, as every Cathedral that I've visited has been. They even let me take pictures!

St Giles Cathedral interior
     I can't wait to see what else this place has to offer! Tomorrow, I'm going to two of the most famous places in all of Scotland: Holyrood House and Edinburgh Castle! It's my last day here, so why not make it special?

No comments:

Post a Comment