Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beautiful London, Part Two

     Happy Birthday to me!!! 

And I couldn't think of a better birthday present!

     Today was probably the day that I was looking forward to the most. With much anticipation, I planned to see my favorite London landmark today: The Tower Bridge. I've always had an affinity for it, for a different number of reasons ranging from settings in my favorite anime to the aesthetic appeal of it. I like symmetry. What can I say?
     Either way, I got exactly what I wanted. By now, I had gotten used to riding the train, so that wasn't much of a problem. The REAL problem was the waiting. It wasn't as short of a train ride as Big Ben was, but for the same price, I guess I should've been more patient. I still got there in plenty of time, and even if I had had to wait for ten hours, it would have been worth it to me. The admissions was only 4.50 GBP with my student ID (http://www.tourist-information-uk.com/tower-bridge-exhibition.htm), and it was the most beautiful thing that I've   ever seen (I apologize for lying to Big Ben and the London Eye). I learned intimate details about the bridges history and mechanics. I even got to see it rise! It was enlightening and exciting, and with so much of a trip to still look forward to, it should mean something that I can honestly say that what I look forward to the most when I get back home is telling all of my friends and family that I'VE BEEN THERE!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment