Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Royal Summer Exhibition

     Today was certainly the most culturally enriching portion of my time time in London. I attended the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. While I had really hoped to see a theater production during my time here, I should have ordered tickets in advance, because everything that was playing close by during my limited stay was sold out. So...I really couldn't just leave without capturing some of the cultural aspects of my favorite city!
     It was...for lack of a better (less cliche) term...a once in a lifetime experience. I doubt I've ever really put much thought into the differences between cultures in the subject of art after seeing the variety that the Exhibition had to offer. I would say that for 8 GBP for entry, it was more than worth it. (http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/RoyalAcademySummerExhibition/821b2 
     Keeping track of my money is also easier than I thought that it would be. So long as I stay on the "entertainment for under 30 GBP per day," I should make it home in one piece! Although I have to say...as much as I still have to see of London...I'm running out of ideas! Maybe seeing my favorite thing on a day other than my last day here wasn't the smartest thing...but hey, it was my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment