Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Howlett's Zoo!

     Today was absolutely wonderful! This is possibly the most fun thing that I've done so far! Today (after one last morning meal with Sydney, seeing as she is departing for Dover today), I went to the Howlett's Zoo/Wild Animal Park! (http://www.aspinallfoundation.org/howletts/) It was so much fun. They had such a wide variety of different animals, from African Elephants to several types of monkeys and apes to full-grown tigers! Every one of the animals was well-cared for, and so beautiful! My favorite were the elephants. They couldn't have been cuter. I love elephants, and I got to see these ones up close and personal! It really wasn't that far from my hostel, so I saved more money on transportation today! This town in so exciting, and in such a small space!


     Something very interesting about the park was a certain attraction that actually allowed you to walk alongside the park's lemurs! You could even touch them! They were fully trained and incredibly agile. While lemurs are originally from Madagascar, they seemed to be quite at home at Howlett's. It was such an enriching privilege to get so close! I really gained a new appreciation for these creatures. (http://www.aspinallfoundation.org/howletts/visitor-information/view/327/walking-with-lemurs)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment