Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Canterbury

     Well, my hostel in Canterbury is a bit less extravegent (if that word can even be used to describe a hostel) than the one in London, but nonetheless livable and convenient. The price is also pretty fair for 5 nights. It even has internet access! (http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Kipps-Hostel-Canterbury/Canterbury/545 ) The most convenient part about this stop on my journey is that the entire town is so small in comparison to London. I can walk to all of the attractions that I want to see in less than ten minutes! My greatest worry is that I won't be able to see enough of the city before I have to leave for Edinburgh.
     The city is full of interesting things to see, like the Canterbury Cathedral in the middle of town, St Augustine's Abbey, and even the Ducking Stool! I must say, that last one sends chills down my spine. I'll have to remember to add the legend into my blog later, once I've actually visited it. I think I'll save the best for last, though. True, I just said that it sends chills down my spine, but what can I say? I guess I'm into the creepy stuff. I've always had an affinity for things dealing with the time of witches and whatnot, but oh, I've said too much. 
     I also can't wait to see the Canterbury Cathedral. It's said to be the most prominent Christian land mark in all of London. It's so extravagant! I can see it from my hostel! (Then again, the town is rather small. Nonetheless, it's brilliant!)
     Also, something really incredible happened! It turns out that Sydney Monkelis is staying at the same hostel as me! I saw her as I was checking in! She just came in from London, like me. She even stayed at Piccadilly Backpackers on her first few days, too! I must have missed her. It's too bad that we probably won't get to do anything together, seeing as how we both have our schedules planned out and are checking out on different days. Still, it's more than nice to see a familiar face, and we can eat together and hang out at the end of the day at the hostel! She's even staying in my room! Yay for picking the cheapest dorm! She's going to Dover next, and I'm on to Edinburgh, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's tackle Canterbury first.
     I can't wait to see what this week will be like in comparison to last!

No comments:

Post a Comment